Dallas Soonias Volleyball Camp
Monday July 3 – Wednesday July 5
Maximum camp registration participants 45 kids.
Students entering Grades 6 – 12 are eligible to participate.
All Activities will be at the Chief Denton George Memorial Multiplex and Kakisiwew School.
- Dallas Soonias (Former Canadian National Team Member)
- Jamie Thibeault (National Team Member)
- Andrew Daniels
‘Volleyball Canada's Jaimie Thibeault and Dallas Soonias offer a blend of high performance coaching that combines years of International experience playing professionally in other countries. Dallas was the first Indigenous Male athlete to represent Canada in Volleyball at the senior international level. They are regarded as two of the top Indigenous Volleyball Players to lace up their shoes for Volleyball Canada.’ - Kendal Netmaker
'Dallas Soonias is a great role model for our indigenous community. His lengthy volleyball career and positive attitude is an inspiration to all of us, we were lucky enough to have him travel to our community to let kids know what can be achieved when you work hard and strive to do your best.'
- Holly Andersen
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ATHLETIC EXPERIENCE
- Team Canada Sr. 2004-2016
- Impavida Pallavolo Ortona Italia 2016
- Al Arabi Sport Club, Qatar 2014
- Fujian Volleyball Club, China 2014-2015
- Hyundai Skywalkers, South Korea 2011-2012
- BNI, Indonesia 2011
- Al Ain Sport Club, UAE 2011
- M. Milli Piyango, Turkey 2010
- Unicaja Almeria, Spain 2009-2010
- MUC, France 2009
- Yarolsav Yaroslavic, Russia 2009
- Arago de Sete, France 2007-2008
- Jadar Radom, Poland 2006-2007
- Member of Canada Women’s National Volleyball Team 2011-2016
- ESCR Le Cannet, France 2012-2013
- Robur Tiboni Urbino, Italy 2013-2014
- Sk Bank Legionovia, Poland 2014-2015
- Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio, Italy 2015-2016
- BNI Taplus, Indonesia 2017
- Obtained a full athletic scholarship to attend University of Montana. 2007
- Played varsity volleyball for the Montana Grizzlies, University of Montana 2007-2010
- Assistant Coach, University of Calgary Men 2016/2017 season
- Private Lessons, 2016-Present
- Volunteer Coach, University of Winnipeg Men 2007/2008 season
- Motivational speaker / Volleyball clinics on First Nations across Canada 2005-2017
- Assistant Coach at Mount Royal University Women’s Volleyball Team 2016-Present
- Motivational Speaker/ Volleyball clinics on First Nations across Canada 2015-Present
- Coached at University of Montana volleyball camp each summer for students grades 5 – 122007-2009
- Coached at summer volleyball camps for Town of Darby and Town of Eureka 2008-2009
- Assistant Coach for Girls Under18, Montana Volleyball Academy 2010-2011
NEECHIE GEAR SPORTS ACADEMY CAMPS:
- Frog Lake Camp 2016
- Ochapawace 2016
- Kakawistahow First Nation 2016
- Kapawe'no First Nation 2016
- North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) Selection Camp or Team Ontario. 2016
- Kainai First Nation 2015
- Wabasca 2014
- Makkovik, Newfoundland and Labrador 2011
Special Olympics, State of Montana 2008-2009
Taught volleyball fundamentals and scrimmaged with students with special
Habitat for Humanity, Missoula, Montana
Helped with all phases of constructing appropriate houses for those in need. 2008-2010
Tutored a student in grade 5 in math. Supported the student and reworded 2009
instructions in order to help him carry out math assignments.
Travelled to elementary schools around Missoula and Lolo, Montana as a2008-2010
student athlete and role model. Read books to classes in various elementary
schools. Answered student’s questions. Gave students motivational presentations
on positive lifestyles andpost-secondary.
Super Spike, Fundraiser for Team Canada Women’s National Volleyball Team:
Assisted in organizing and facilitating Canada’s biggest outdoor volleyball 2012-2015
tournament held yearly in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Motivational Speaker, Kainai First Nation July 2015
Spoke to elementary and secondary school students about wellness,
education and life skills.
Motivational Speaker, Mount Royal University: Women in Sport 09-30, 2016
Spoke to 500 elementary students about active living and positive lifestyles
and encouraged them to be healthy and play sports.
ROLE MODEL EXPERIENCE
Neechie Gear Role Model
Neechie Gear® is on a mission to empower youth through sports! 5% of net profits help kids to play sports. Provide a positive example to Indigenous youth.
Volleyball Clinic Facilitator
Organize and facilitate volleyball clinics that are developmentally appropriate for children ages 8 to 18. Communities have included Ochapawace First Nation, Kakawistahow First Nation,
Kapawe'no First Nation, and Selection Camp, North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) Selection Camp or Team Ontario.